Usually, history remains in the past. But on Sunday, November 6, it moved to the present. In what has to be a feat of modern engineering, the Kirkland Museum of Fine & Decorative Art moved its historic Vance Kirkland studio a few blocks north of its current sight, 1311 Pearl Street, to West 12th Avenue and Bannock Street. Built in the early 20th century, the building was used by artist Henry Read as his personal studio. On Sunday, it moved to its new home: near the Kirkland's new location.